Friday 10 November 2017

Christmas Giving Sarnia

Last week I started a conversation on my HAL Facebook page asking people to share their favourite ways to give and tag their favourite charities. I learned about some really cool charities that I didn't know existed and think it might be one of my top favourite conversations on my Facebook page to date.

If you are in need of some giving inspiration, here are the charities that were mentioned and links to their social pages or website.

Regretfully I include my giving somewhere in the middle of my Christmas shopping but this year I am trying to focus on giving first.

I also know that giving can become overwhelming during Christmas. I am going to work on giving my time more, maybe not even to charities, but with my skills to those in need directly around me. I have also been thinking about using my PC and Optimum points as ways of giving as well.

Here are some local charities to consider this year and thank you to everyone who took part in the conversation last week. Feel free to comment with additional charities that you would like to share or creative ideas for giving this season.

The Inn Of The Good Shepherd

Childcan

Ronald McDonald House Charities Southwestern Ontario

Cystic Fibrosis Sarnia Lambton Chapter

Sarnia District Humane Society 

Sarnia Organ Donor Awareness 

The Sarnia Shoe Box Project 

Women's Interval Home 

Sexual Assault Survivor Centre 

Life's Seasons Care & Support 

Arts Can Circle 

Circles Canada

St Josephs Hospice  

xoxo
Heather


No comments: