Monday 25 May 2015

Gratitude Monday - I Can Do Some Things

I don't know about you, but I can feel overwhelmed and helpless after watching the evening news and learning about all the hurt in our world. The other night I was watching the news and feeling this way and then God said, "Hey Heather, I know you can't do everything but you can do some things. Do not be crippled by your sadness for the world, use your gifts to do what you can and pray for the causes that are out of your hands."

I stopped in that moment and said a prayer for the people in the story I had seen on the news. 

There are a lot of things I can not do but there are definitley things I can do and for that I am grateful. If we all do a few things, we can change our world for the better.

On Sunday, Tyler, Luke and I are walking in the Carstar's Great Strides Walk To End Cystic Fibrosis. We read a story in our local news paper (Special Vest Help Sarnia Teen Breathe ) this year, about a family who is in need of a vest for their son who has cystic fibrosis, we were moved to help this cause. 

If you would like to pledge us in our walk, you can visit this page here Donate Now. If that is out of your hands, maybe you could give this post a share. Lastly, pray for the families who live with this illness and those who are working to end it. 

xoxo
Audrey 


No comments: