Monday 5 December 2016

It's The Holiday Season



This past weekend was filled with fun festive activities with family and friends and I loved every minute of it!

As we drove to our fourth event in two days, Ty was feeling a little tired and overwhelmed and while I can empathize with this feeling, I have a different perspective. As a child growing up we didn't have family really close to us so we only got together with our family for one big Christmas celebration. This celebration was always a great time but sometimes I wished we had more little parties leading up to Christmas day.

Now that I am married to Tyler and he has lots of extended family that lives close by, our family gets to enjoy lots of festivities leading up to Christmas day. I have also been fortunate enough to have a great group of girlfriends and we have started our own traditions getting our kids together for holiday activities  prior to Christmas day. Even though the holiday season can feel very busy I feel very fortunate to have so many wonderful people to spend time with during this time of year.  I would much rather be tired from spending too much time with loved ones then to feel lonely this time of year. This is also made me think about some people that may not be able to get out as easily and encourages me to reach out to those people and spend more time with them.

I'm going to try very hard not to let the holiday season tire me and simply enjoy all the moments that I have with the special people in my life .  This past weekend was a blast and I hope the rest of December is filled with many more special moments like the ones I was lucky enough to experience this weekend.

 XOXO
Audrey







No comments: