Monday 10 September 2018

Petrolia Fall Fair 2018


It is fair season! One of the simple pleasures I look forward to enjoying with my family during the fall. We love the fair for the food. As soon as we walked into the fair on Sunday, we all started reading the menu signs at the various food trucks. All of the delicious smells make it easy to get hungry the minute you walk through the gate.



We watched some of the demolition derby first. It was my first time seeing this event live. It was loud, a little smokey and entertaining, even the kids were amused by the smashing cars (I wasn't sure if Lizzy would be a little scared). Watching the derby got our adrenaline pumping and our appetite going so we headed to a truck for lunch. The kids shared a hot dog and fries, I had a jumbo cheese dog, Tyler had chilli cheese fries and my mom had a chicken burger. We all shared bites of our food and everything was delicious.



Next we went on some rides. Next time I think we will do rides first and then eat lunch, our stomaches were feeling a little crazy on the spinning tea cups. Elizabeth really surprises me lately with her bravery, she enjoyed all of the rides she went on and would have gone on some bigger ones like brother, if she was tall enough.



We finished the afternoon with chocolate chip cookies and the tractor pull. We had to head home because Elizabeth was tired but I am sure Luke could have stayed until the end to watch every single tractor. Next weekend is the Wyoming fair, I am not sure if we will make it to that one but we are planning on the Brigden fair for sure. Which fall fairs are your favourite and what is your favourite part of the fair? Take part in the conversation on social media, I love hearing from you guys.



If you liked this post, you may also like the following posts:

I Am Thankful For Thanksgiving (a post pre kids)
My Everyday Fall Makeup (from a few years ago when I had short hair)

xoxo
Audrey

No comments: