Monday 17 September 2018

A Mother's Gut



Every mother's heart is different to match the love for her unique children. I believe every mother is the perfect mother for her child. We as mothers truly know what is best for our individual children. We boldly make choices on their behalf through sleepless nights, prayer, discussions with our own mothers and council from friends, but we have the final say. We are all doing our best. No matter the differing styles, we are all trying our best everyday.

So why are we afraid when someone does something different than we do? I think its rooted in that .5% of our gut that is still not sure if our own choices are right. If someone is doing something differently, maybe there is a different way for me to do something. This shouldn't scare us, this should inspire us and if not, we should just continue moving in our own direction.

Motherhood is a team sport. I certainly can't do this job without the support of many.

I was really wrestling with some mixed up motherhood feelings recently. I had shared some of my thoughts and emotions with friends about my conflict and each conversation left me feeling unresolved and somewhat isolated as people offered advice that didn't relate to me specifically. Finally I found solace when a mother simply said "trust your gut". She may not have agreed with my thought process, she may not choose to mother my way but she knew, that my gut instinct, even if it was different from hers, was the right direction for my child.

Trust your gut! My gut may tell me to do something different than your gut but I guarantee, no matter our differences, our guts and hearts are in the right place when it comes to mothering. Its ok if I do things different than you do because my kids are different than yours and likewise. We all have the same end game in mind, to raise happy, healthy, people who are kind and will make our world a better place. So lets support each other in this amazing work we are called to do. The support of others will help us to make more bold, gut trusting moves and our kids and world will be better for it.

xoxo
Audrey

No comments: