Saturday 4 August 2018

Taking Your Kids To The Beach | Expectations | 5 Tips For A Successful Beach Day




If you did not grow up on the beach, going to bed each night with a tiny bit of sand in your butt, you may think about going to the beach as a lot of work and very messy. These things are true, you are not wrong in thinking that but I promise you, it is totally worth all the sand and all the work for the experiences you will have with your children and the memories you will leave them with.

Here are some tips and realistic expectations for taking your young children to the beach.

Snacks
You need snacks, swimming and playing outside makes you hungry and its also just fun to eat on the beach and watch the water. I try really hard to bring exactly enough food to the beach because anything we don't eat, normally has sand in it and will not being going back into the fridge or cupboard. The word "sandwich" has a whole new meaning.

Sand Will Get Everywhere
Let go of the expectation that you will be able to sit on your beach towel and it wont get sand on it. Sand will get everywhere, embrace it, its part of the experience and when its dry and you are off the beach, it dusts off and shakes out pretty easily.

Swim
I always had the most fun when my mom, dad, aunts and uncles swam with me. I loved it when they were right in the water with me so I could show them my backflips and handstands and so they could throw me around. I know my kids have the most fun when we all swim together.

Shade Tent
I just added a half shade tent to our beach items this year. This is great for babies or anyone who just wants a break from the sun. It is light weight, easy to set up and take down and is a nice place to have a rest while enjoying the water. I linked one here if you would like to check it out for yourself.

Safety
I go to the beach alone with my two children and sometimes even my niece and nephew as well. My niece is older and a good swimmer but she has limits as to how far out she can swim and all the babes wear a puddle jumper 99% of the time we are on the beach.

Taking your kids to the beach is absolutely not relaxing but it is absolutely so much fun. And, they will most likely fall asleep on the drive home, so grab a coffee and take the long way home!

Please share your tips for taking your young children to the beach.











No comments: