Monday 27 August 2018

God Talks To Me




It might sound crazy for me to tell you I made a certain decision because God told me to. I have made many decisions over the last four years because of the voice of God and His direction in my life. 

Have you ever thought about telling your dad something and considering how he would react? You grew up with your dad, you know the sound of his voice, the basis for how he makes decisions and you can probably guess how he will react to something you might ask him, even before you start the conversation, because you know him.

When we read the Bible, we get to know our Heavenly Father. The best part, He wants to have a relationship with us even more than our loving earthly father. He wants to be a part of every area of our lives, He wants to guide us, celebrate our wins with us and help us up, when we fall down.

Reading the Bible helps us all to know GOD, our Heavenly Father. His character is revealed in so many biblical stories. I use to think about studying the Bible as a way to just learn about how I should live my life, but we can learn so much about who God is which allows us to know His voice and trust His guidance. Being in His word positions us to hear from Him in response to our prayers and daily questions. There are so many things we will never fully understand until we meet Him face to face, kinda like how children don’t understand their parents discipline until they have to discipline their own children. Being in His presence and studying the Bible will at least bring us comfort in the times we don't have the answers and simply have to wait until we meet God face to face one day. 

I have grown to love reading the Bible, if you would have told me I would be writing this, I would not have believed you. I love reading the Bible everyday and feel its power. I need the renewing and refreshing it offers my mind and soul every morning. Our world is very contradictory to the Bible and some days it can be a minute by minute battle to make the right choices and to try and be a living light in this dark place. Being in the word at the outset of each new day helps me to step into the armour of God. 

I put this little video below together to offer some of my Bible study tips because honestly guys, wherever you are at in your life, if you feel like you need to hit refresh in any area, reading the Bible is the most transformative thing I have ever done. It has positively impacted every aspect of my life. God is so awesome for calling me to places where I have no idea what is next. Following God is the wildest adventure I have ever been on and the Bible is like the handbook. I get bucked off frequently but its part of the ride and the adventure is leading to eternity so its always worth getting back on, trying again and cracking open my Bible to start a new day.

Please comment with any of your Bible Study tips and resources.

Bible study apps I use and love




No comments: