Friday 22 June 2018

Purposeful Motherhood



I have been learning what the Bible says about being a woman, wife and mother and I think it is beautiful and empowering. I love Proverbs 31, The Wife Of Noble Character, I read it all the time. Right now this portion below is speaking to me.

Verse 13:22 NIV

13 
She selects wool and flax

    and works with eager hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
    bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still night;
    she provides food for her family
    and portions for her female servants.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
    out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
    her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
    and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff
    and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor
    and extends her hands to the needy.
21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
    for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;
    she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

Knowing that there is purpose in all I do brings joy and passion to my everyday work. I know I was designed to care for my family as only I could.

The cleaning has purpose.

The cooking has purpose.

The watching kids do tricks and jumps has purpose.

The folding and putting away of laundry has purpose.

The encouraging words,

Application of bandaids,

Endless hugs,

Approving or not approving of television shows,

Sleepless nights,

Picking up of the same toys everyday,

Singing of songs,

Just being there, waiting, watching and ready for what work is needed next, has purpose.

In the mundane routine or chaos of wife life and motherhood, I can lose sight of the big picture or maybe I don't even know what the big picture is yet. But slowly I am understanding that the small pieces that are my responsibility everyday, are my great purpose. 

We have a great purpose in all we do as women, the helpers of this earth.


Genesis 2:18
The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

And we are the answer!

Who is pumped?!
I love you!
Audrey

No comments: