Monday 4 June 2018

By Faith


I have been learning about faith during my Bible Study recently (First 5) and I have also been doing some faith walking in my life. I have always been a faith filled person but sometimes my actions and words did not match my thoughts. By the grace, strength and wisdom of God, I am growing each day and I am learning how to speak from the position of a victor even when circumstances seem hopeless.

Hebrews 11 1:3
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for. 
By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

Reading the Bible has helped me to learn more about who God is. He is always good, just and never breaks a promise. God has spoken promises into my life, some I have seen come to pass, some I am currently witnessing develop and others, well lets just say from my earthy perspective, I am not sure how they could come to pass. I am choosing God's perspective though. I can not see what He can see, I do not know what He knows, but I do have faith that He is working it all out for my well being.

In my small experience speaking light into dark situations, good things have come. At the time it is challenging though, I have looked around at a personal circumstance and thought, "what the heck, how can this be fixed". Faith is produced through focusing on Jesus, joy is produced through focusing on Jesus and right and just action is produced through focusing on Jesus.

Hebrews 12:2
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 

When we choose to trust Gods perspective, we are free to then be the people God designed us to be, equipped with the skills we need to navigate all of life's challenges. My Saviour came to give me life, covered me with His grace so that I could stand on His promises and then serve as His hands and feet. I will walk more boldly each day by faith! I will speak more boldly each day by faith. I am victorious over what has already been accomplished by Jesus on the cross.

Accepting Jesus as my saviour and learning to walk with God each day is the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me. If you have a prayer request or would just like to chat about God, please send me an email heatherlapier@gmail.com You can also follow me on Instagram  and join more conversations on faith.




No comments: