Wednesday 9 May 2018

These Days | May 2018


What are the little things that make up the season you are currently living in? Those are the things I smile at, at the end of the day, as I walk to my bed but stop in the hall, and run through the day and thank God for all of it. ALL OF IT! I wake Tyler because he fell asleep putting Luke to bed and then we crawl under the covers and say goodnight.

Our days are extraordinarily filled, we are tired in the best way at the end of the day and I am glad.

Luke loves band aids and is normally wearing no less than one.

Elizabeth talks so much these days and continues to be very expressive.

Luke likes to make me coffee in the Keurig.

Elizabeth digs through our DVD collection frequently, pulling out all the DVDs until she finds the Trolls one and then walks around saying "Poppy". I am getting her a Princess Poppy doll this week.

I am increasingly aware of the importance of my role as a woman, wife and mother.

As older people pass me, smiling they say "you have your hands full", I respond "in the best way possible".

Some days I don't like playing on the floor, but its funny, I don't wish I was anywhere else.

We are researching summer vacations and talking about yard work.

Luke is more vocal about his ideas and feelings.

Elizabeth shows interest in quads and dirt bikes and Tyler and I realize she may be more fast and wild than Luke.

We try not to compare our children to each other but sometimes we do, they are the only baseline we know for parenthood.

We are moving into the season where schedules do not exist because the sun is out and the fun never ends.

I rock Elizabeth to sleep every night and for most of her naps. She snuggles into my chest and I rub my lips on her fuzzy head. I pray into her life powerful truths about the path she was designed for.

Because Elizabeth loves to be snuggled and held so much, sometimes I forget that Luke needs that physical affection as well. Lucky for me, he is getting better at vocalizing his needs and asks me to snuggle.

Luke and I have been enjoying naps together lately.

We get to spend a lot of time with our families; aunts, uncles, grandmas, grandpas and cousins. The kids now ask, "who will be there" for even a simple trip to the grocery store, its pretty great.

I am horrible at returning phone calls.

Tyler works so hard for our family and motivates me to do more. He is an amazing example to our children as to what a leader of a household is by walking out sacrifice and hard work. I am grateful for my husband.

These days are sweet, fleeting and tiring and I love them so much.

xoxo
Audrey































No comments: