Friday 18 August 2017

National Breastfeeding Week 2017

As I scrolled through the awesome and beautiful pictures of #nationalbreastfeedingweek I felt proud that I too am enjoying my breastfeeding experience and at the same time remembered how defeated I felt looking at those same pictures, after deciding to feed Luke full time on the bottle with formula at 6 weeks.

Fed is best!

I feel extremely blessed that I have had two extreme opposite feeding experiences. My troubles with Luke allowed me to relax more going into breastfeeding Elizabeth which I think was a huge factor in her feeding experience and I also think my first feeding experience has made me cherish the second more.

Luke is so bright and intelligent and so Elizabeth and they were fed differently. They both are growing and healthy!

I connected with both of my newborns while feeding them and their father has been able to be included in feeding them too, which is so cool.

Breastfeeding awareness is so important, we need to talk about all the aspects of it, be comfortable with boobs in public as children nurse and support each other as mothers however we decide to feed our children. Awareness campaigns like this are awesome if we keep it real and share honestly.

Feeding our babies is not always glamorous but it is always awesome.

If you want to know more about my feeding experiences check out the videos below and please feel free to share your thoughts as well. As always, lets keep it real mommas!








No comments: