Friday 30 September 2016

Protein Powder



I love having protein powder on hand to add to smoothies, pancakes and simply drink on its own in shakes to ensure we are all getting enough protein each day. This is especially important for Luke as he doesn't love most meat. This being said, I can get sick of the same old protein shakes so I thought I would share a few recipes with you on how I have been using protein lately. The shake recipe is my friend Kayleigh's and I am fully addicted to it, its so yummy!

Homemade Protein Bars 

Ingredients 
4 cups rolled oats
2 scoops Vanilla Arbonne Protein Powder 
1/2 cup white chocolate chips 
1/2 cup nut butter of choice 
1/2 cup coconut oil
20 large marshmallows 
1tsp vanilla 
1tsp cinnamon

Instructions 
Melt your nut butter, coconut oil and marshmallows over medium heat in a pot until fully combined.
Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
Pour into 9X9 dish and let set in fridge for at least 4 hours.
Flip out onto cutting board and cut desired bars sizes, wrapping each one individually with plastic wrap.
Store in fridge.
Note: the bars still crumble a bit, I just put the crumble in a little zip lock and saved it for on top of yogurt. If anyone has tips on how to keep your homemade granola bars together I would love to hear them.

Protein Smoothies 

Ingredients 
2 scoops Vanilla or Chocolate Arbonne Protein Powder (it tastes great with either flavour)
1/2 cup almond milk
1 banana
1 tbsp peanut butter of choice
Pinch of nutmeg
6-8 ice cubes

Instructions 
Whiz everything together in a container and enjoy. I like to use my emersion blender as its easier to clean than my regular blender.

Let me know what your fav recipes are for using protein powder.

Happy snacking,
Audrey









No comments: