Wednesday 23 March 2016

Pray

When a tragedy occurs in our world what do you do? My first instinct is fear and now that I am a mother I wonder what the heck I am doing bringing more life into this scary world with so much uncertainty. The devil wins when I let fear stop me from moving my life forward.

I believe in God and I know the devil is real. Just as I see God fill people in my life and move them to do amazing work that brings hope to others, the devil gets a hold of people too. 

I am learning that instead of being still, afraid, silent and helpless in times where our world faces terror, I can pray. I believe in the power of prayer, I believe God hears every prayer and I believe prayer brings us closer to God. We need more God! 

I will pray for the victims, suffering, loved ones of victims, rescue workers, organizations raising funds, leaders in communities effected by terror, our militaries and the leaders of our nations. I can do something, we can do something, we can pray and lay our fears at the Lords feet, knowing He is the only one who can solve the problems and knowing that we live in a fallen world, an imperfect world and that this is not meant to be our place of dwelling for eternity.

I will also pray that in the face of fear the good always outweighs the bad.

Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is with us, who can be against us? 

No comments: