Monday 14 March 2016

My Current Skin Care Routine - Arbonne RE9 Advanced

For the last 10 months I have been using and experiencing a bunch of the products that Arbonne has to offer. And for the last 6 months I have been enjoying the RE9 Advanced skincare line so I wanted to share it with you here. Not only do I test various products on myself to find out how they work, I also love learning about the ingredients that are included in products I use and how they work to improve my skin. Call me a nerd but the science of beauty products is really interesting to me. So here is what I have learned and my personal experience with some RE9 basics.



General Awesomeness About Arbonne 

  • All products are vegan certified 
  • Dermatologist tested 
  • Botanically based

RE9 Advanced Smoothing Facial Cleanser 

Personal Experience 
  • I love the smell of the RE9 products, a light citrus fragrance.
  • The gentle foam leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean without over drying it.
  • I experienced a small breakout when I first started using this product line which is always a good thing as it shows me the products are working to draw out impurities. After about two weeks the blemishes were gone.
Purpose 
  • Cleanse skin and remove makeup or impurities collected on the skins surface throughout the day.
Key Ingredients
  • Algae Extract - strengthens existing collagen to help diminish the appearance of fine lines.
  • Shea Buckthorn Oil (antioxidant) - counteracts the damaging effects of pollutants and other things in our atmosphere that our skin comes in contact with throughout the day. 

RE9 Advanced Regenerating Toner

Personal Experience
  • It left my skin feeling balanced and clean not tight like toners I have used in the past.  
Purpose 
  • Collect any impurities that may be left on the skins surface after cleanser and return the skin to its natural PH balance.
Key Ingredients 
  • Witch Hazel - an ingredient used to calm and sooth skin. 
  • Citric Acid - occurring in many acid fruits and when used in skin care acts as an astringent to gently cleanse the skin. 

RE9 Advanced Restorative Day Creme With SPF 20

Personal Experience 
  • This moisturizer hydrated my skin and absorbed quickly without leaving any oily feeling on the surface, perfect for daytime and applying makeup over top. 
Purpose 
  • To hydrate and protect the skin throughout the day. 
Key Ingredients 
  • Kudzu Root - is a plant estrogen that helps to slow down the sings of aging and assists in the renewal of collagen in the skin creating a more firm surface. 
  • Peptides - also aid in firming the skin with their ability to penetrate the upper layer of the skin to stimulate collagen regeneration. 

The focus of this skin care line is on anti-aging and hydration and over the 6 months that I used these products I would say that I saw an improvement in the appearance of my skins surface. I was also impressed at how long the products lasted. High end skin care products should include high percentages of their active ingredients to justify their price, which also means you only need to use a small amount, thus your skin care routine should last you 4 - 6 months.

There are many more pieces in the RE9 Advanced line, like serums, eye creams and night creams, I started with the basics. Some of you might be overwhelmed with a 5-9 piece skincare line and I totally get that, I always recommend starting with a cleanser, toner moisturizer and exfoliating 1-2 times a week. These steps are the most important when beginning to care for your skin or maintaining healthy skin. You can learn more about the RE9 Advanced Skincare Line here and about my Arbonne journey here. If you have any questions or concerns about skin care, I always love chatting beauty with you, you can comment below or email me heatherlapier@gmail.com

Thanks for reading my review!





No comments: