Wednesday 9 December 2015

Christmas Book Advent Week 1



Beginning on December 1st our family started counting down to Christmas Day by opening a Christmas book and reading it together each night. Luke is a little young for this tradition as he only sits still if he is having his evening bottle but I am still enjoying the family time, even if its just Tyler and I reading the book while Luke climbs on us or plays on the floor.


The books over the last few days have reminded me of my childhood and how I use to get so excited during December (lets face it, I still get super excited). Our story time also helped me focus on the more important things that I am grateful for this time of year. Specifically we enjoyed 'The Smallest Gift Of Christmas', a story about a little boy who wants a bigger gift but realizes his family is the best gift of all. 

I love the hustle and bustle of this time of year but it wouldn't feel the same if I didn't have people to shop for, cook for or enjoy all the festive activities with. One of the greatest Christmas gifts is simply enjoying the holidays with my family.

This post is in partnership with The Book Keeper. They will be hosting a fun contest next week and to enter you simply need to share a picture of you and or your family reading a Christmas book and tag their Facebook page. Connect with them on their Facebook page to take part. I can't wait to see the photos of you and your family enjoying story time!

P.S. What is your favourite Christmas book?




No comments: