Tuesday 24 February 2015

It's The Little Things

I have loved this winter but I am starting to day dream about Spring.  To keep myself in positive spirits, I just focus on the things that make me happy.  Here are some of the little things that are bringing me joy right now.

When Luke is napping around lunch time, I love to eat lunch and watch 90210 The New Class. 

Kissing chubby Luke cheeks all day long. 

Snow.

Time on my yoga mat for prayer and movement. 

When I go grocery shopping alone at night, I like to stop at Tim Hortons first and grab a tea to sip on while shopping. 

When I am done grocery shopping, I like to sit in my car for a few minutes while it warms up and check my social media accounts.

Hot Chocolate with a ton of marshmallows on top.

Chocolate.

Listening to my husband make my son laugh.

Being called Mrs. Lapier.

Watching the wonderment in Luke's eyes when he discovers something new.

Donuts. 

How happy Luke is when he wakes up in the morning.

Eight hours of sleep.

Emails, texts and phone calls from good friends and family.

A clean kitchen at the end of the night.

What makes you happy?

P.S. This post totally reminds me of the song from The Sound Of Music, These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We share a lot of favourite things at the moment. I especially love chocolate and baby kisses! My lunch show right now is the Millionaire Matchmaker. I can't get enough of Patty Stanger and her blunt personality! A clean kitchen at night is a must for me too - I can't stand dirty dishes in the morning. Let's just hope I get my 8 hour sleeps back soon....oh Genie Bean ;P

Big Mama Small City said...

This list is so familiar :)