Sunday 15 February 2015

I Am Second - Love

Volume 2

I have a Bible app that presents me with a daily verse and a lot of the most recent verses have focused   on love. 

This one really stuck out to me - 1 John 4:7 "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and everyone that loveth is born of God, and knows God."

Everyone who loves knows God.  Everyone who loves knows God!  Yes, I repeated myself to really help that sink in.  You don't need to go to church, you don't need to pray and maybe you have never read the Bible but if you have loved, you know God.

I think this is pretty cool because love is one of our most natural emotions, especially when you have a child.  Having Luke took love to a whole new level for me.  Not only is the love I feel for Luke unlike anything I have felt before but the love I feel for Tyler has also changed in an awesome way.

When I had Luke I did start to have a better understanding of the love God has for me.  I have always believed that God loves you and I unconditionally and that He will never love us more than He does today or less than He does today, no matter what we do.  It was not until having Luke that I could really begin to understand the magnitude of this kind of love.  When I consider this, it makes sense to me that anyone who loves, knows God.

In my personal experience I have also discovered that the times when I choose love over anger, frustration or resentment, I feel more peaceful, which I think allows me to grow closer to God.  I fail horribly at this often but with Gods assistance, I am choosing love more easily everyday.

When I love others the way God loves me, I will get to know Him better and you may know Him through love and not even realize it.

I am wishing you love, the acceptance of God's divine love and the peace that comes from unconditionally loving others. 

xoxo
Love Audrey 

No comments: