Monday 31 December 2012

Learning To Roll With The Punches

It's New Years Eve and I am looking forward to getting dressed up and ringing in the new year with my husband, friends and family!  Tomorrow will most likely be a day of leisure, watching movies or a reality TV marathon (this is how we have spent the last few New Years days) and then I am headed back to work with an exciting year ahead.

Because of the way the holidays fell during the week, I got an extra few days off which was very needed and much appreciated.  I fully took advantage of this down time and really tried to relax and not let anything stress me out too much.  I often over think everything!

The past year was also a very busy and exciting one but by the time the holidays arrived I was ready for a break from life and all of its responsibilities.  I spoke to some other people who were feeling the same way as we got closer and closer to Christmas.  There is no doubt our society jam packs each day with as many tasks as possible and I think the Christmas holidays often present a time to just focus on family and friends.  

While I was sick for most of my time off, I still enjoyed the time I did spend with family and friends and the time I took for myself.  That time off allowed me to recharge my batteries and look forward to an exciting 2013.

I am not one who makes New Years resolutions but it is something I have talked about on my blog before and something I will make even more of a focus on this year, with a slight adjustment.  Living a balanced life a.k.a. making time for myself, reaching new levels of success at work and developing stronger personal relationships with the people that mean the most to be me, adjustment - also being able to roll with the punches.  I often feel like things need to be a specific perfect way for the next step to happen and I am slowly realizing that is sometimes not reality, its exhausting and potentially holding me back.

My time off has been good, giving me the opportunity to reflect on the past year.  I am proud of myself for accomplishing certain goals and know there are areas that require more attention as I move into the new year.

So I would like to propose a toast - to a balanced life and rolling with the punches!

Cheers, Happy New Year!

No comments: