Wednesday 10 May 2017

Maybelline Better Skin Foundation & Powder Review





If you guys follow me on Instagram you know that I have been playing around with a bunch of new Maybelline makeup (check out my stories, I am always sharing new stuff). I am excited to share my thoughts with you on a few of the products today. 

This makeup was provided by a PR firm for my review but this post is not endorsed.

In general, my experience working with Maybelline foundation products, their colours run dark so air on the side of light when choosing your shade. 




Better Skin Liquid Foundation
This is an oil free formula created with ACTYL-C which helps to improve the appearance of your skin by diminishing blemishes. I would consider this product a lightweight foundation with light coverage. It provides a matte finish and did last throughout the day.

Super Stay Better Skin Powder
This powder is formulated with salicylic acid to help diminish blemishing and oil. It has a very matte finish and offers a light coverage on its own or builds nicely over the Better Skin Liquid Foundation. 



These two products do what they claim to and I even experienced a few blemishes after beginning use with them proving they work to clear skin (breakouts often occur when using active products and will clear up within two weeks of continued use). My skin is combination and as I get older I do desire more hydrating and full coverage foundation products so they are not my personal favourites. This being said, I am happy to now stock these in my professional makeup kit and think they will be an excellent choice for my graduation and prom clients. As most teens struggle with blemishes and oil, these products will not only help to temporarily mask the issues but heal the skin as well. 

Dream Bouncy Blush 
I didn't realize that this blush was a cream until I dipped my brush into it, lol. I worked my regular bristle blush brush into the product and loved the dewy, flushed colour it gave my cheeks. Cream blushes can sometimes be tricky to work with but it blended nicely with my foundation products. 



It was a good experience trying out these products and I am excited to use them on some of my special event clients this coming spring and summer!

I would love to know your thoughts in the comment section on these products, if you have tried them out. 

xoxo
Audrey

No comments: