Tuesday 11 October 2016

Thankful



This thanksgiving had me reminiscing specifically on the blessings I have received over the last year and at the centre of those blessings is the presence and work of God in my life. This thanksgiving I am mostly grateful for the amazing work of God in my life.

I think I am fairly good at recognizing some of my blessings on a daily basis but I am not always great at recognizing the faithfulness of God in my everyday life, sometimes it takes me the perspective of a full year to really see the wondrous work God has done through me and those I love.

Faith requires us to live hopefully and expectantly on the promises of God. Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Sometimes I loose faith because I easily forget the amazing blessings and promises God has already fulfilled in my life. Moving forward this year, I want to position my heart to focus daily on the awesome ways God has answered my prayers and remains faithful to me so that I can strengthen my faith for the promises to come.

I am thankful for the Holy Spirit and the living word which provide me with amazing lessons everyday, that allow me to learn more about the character of The One True God from which all blessings flow.  James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.  

Happy Thanksgiving
Audrey

No comments: