Tuesday 21 April 2015

Gratitude Monday - I Am Grateful My Family Lives Close

This post is a day late but I did start writing it last night. Oh well, I am grateful everyday so it does not really matter.

I have always appreciated my family and been grateful that I get to see them often. Ever since having Luke, I am so much more appreciative to have my family near by. I am also super grateful that they want to hang out with us so often.

Yesterday I just had to run some errands in town but the day turned into a super fun one, because I got to do those everyday things with my fam jam. Emily met up with us at Walmart, then we went to Toys R Us to get a baby gate (Emily's extra hands came in very helpful) and then we grabbed a coffee with Grampy Brown.

One of the best lessons I have learned while being on maternity leave, is how much I undervalued the time I spend with my family. I love little coffee dates and Sunday walks to the park. I have heard the saying "quantity time" over "quality time" is more important, when it comes to spending time with loved ones and I believe this to be true. It is so much easier to have a strong relationship with someone when you spend regular time with them.

Luke has changed a lot of things in our lives and he has definitely brought everyone closer. For that, and the fact that we can see our family pretty much whenever we want, I am extremely grateful.

What are you grateful for? I would love to hear from you.









1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am also grateful for the extra time we spend together and of course, for every minute spent with Luke. I am thankful too for Heather's gentle guidance which has led me back to church.