Wednesday 11 March 2015

Following My Heart

Just after Christmas I started to think about what it would be like to go back to work now that I have a child. As I considered this scenario now that Luke was actually here, the picture I had imagined before having him, didn't look as desirable as it once did. I started to wonder if I wanted to go back to work at all.  I began giving serious thought to what our family would look like if I worked and what it would look like if I didn't work, there were pros and cons to both pictures. Unsure of what I really wanted and what was the right decision for me and my family, I started to pray.

I talked to God for awhile about this and sorted out what it was that I really wanted, I wanted to be a full time mom.  Anyone who knows me, is probably surprised to hear this. I loved my career and the people I worked with, but anyone who has ever had a child, knows that a baby can change your life in ways you could have never imagined.

Once I knew what I wanted, I needed to talk to Tyler. Nervously I told him what I had been thinking and that I thought I wanted to be a stay at home mom. To my happy surprise, he said he had been having similar thoughts. He liked the idea of me being home with Luke. I was so happy that we were on the same page, now we needed to consider how we would make this work.

Together we came up with the idea that I would get back into the beauty industry, as a freelance makeup artist.  This is an industry that excites me, I have over 7 years experience in it and it would allow me to work mostly on weekends when Tyler could be home with Luke.

While all of this fell into place pretty perfectly, the actuality of resigning from my position at CCI Studios, was something that made me feel a little sad. I was proud of my work, found it challenging and felt grateful everyday that I was a part of such a unique organization.  On top of all of this, my boss and co-workers had become my friends and those relationships are very valuable to me. Even though I will no longer be working at CCI Studios, I will continue to support their wonderful work and maintain relationships with the good times team:)

This decision was not one I took lightly but it was the right one for me and my family at this time.  Change is never easy for me but I grow most in these times and I know I am following my heart.

I am looking forward to all the exciting adventures that are ahead for our family and for myself, as I begin working on a new career path as a mom and professional makeup artist.








No comments: