It turns out the recipe is super easy and the reaction is consistent, people love them! I made them for Easter brunch last weekend and everyone wanted to know how they could also recreate this delectable dessert. If you want to be the star of the next pot luck you attend, I think this is a fool proof recipe to help you shine.
1 bag of Oreo cookies
1 block of cream cheese
1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips
1 tablespoon of butter
1) Blend the Oreo cookies in a food processor until there are no large chunks. My food processor is not huge so I needed to do this in batches of 5 cookies.
2) Mix the blended Oreo cookies with your block of cream cheese.
3) Roll the Oreo cream cheese mixture into balls and cool the balls in the fridge for 1 hour.
4) Melt your chocolate and butter together and then roll the chilled balls in the melted chocolate until coated, chill in fridge again until chocolate coating is hard.
5) Melt your white chocolate chips, spoon into a ziplock bag and cut off a very small tip from the corner of the bag. Decorate your balls.
I need to work on my decorating skills a little but my imperfect designs did not impact the taste of the Oreo Truffles negatively. Have fun, enjoy these delicious treats and keep passing this easy but delicious recipe along.