Monday 17 February 2014

A Family Of Friends

A few weeks ago we were at a Super Bowl party at our friends house.  This group of friends are the people that Tyler grew up with, their parents are friends and now everyone our age  is starting their own families and those kids are becoming friends.

When I first met everyone over 7 years ago I told Tyler that what everyone here shares is something more than friendship and he is so lucky to have a group of friends that are pretty much like a family.  I have seen this group come together to support someone through a hard time, build a deck or a re shingle roof and definitely be there to celebrate with you when something great happens.  They are great people who value their friendships and I know what they have, it is something you do not see everyday.

Tyler and I had the pleasure of really feeling this support and encouragement when we got married.  As we shared with everyone our news of being pregnant and starting a family, the support and love continues for this next stage of our life.

Its comforting to know there is a community of people that Tyler and I have surrounding us, that we can lean on and look to for advice as we enter this next phase of our life.  We call them our friends but they are more like family, one we were not born into but one we chose.

Your biological family is who they are, they are probably not going to change and I have learned that if there is something that I need from someone in my life, I have the power to fill my life with the people that enrich it, and hopefully I can do the same for them.  I have chosen to make my family over time with the people I love, blood or not and build my family of friends.

We are blessed for the great people our lives have been filled with! Happy Family Day!

No comments: