Monday 16 December 2013

Learning To Say No

Its not always easy but sometimes saying no is the best thing to do.  A few days ago, I was suppose to travel out of town for work, which would have occupied the rest of my night, leaving not much time left at the end of the day to do anything else.  There were multiple looming deadlines at work and just a ton of stuff to get done (which is a good thing) but as I thought about the best way to prioritize what needed to be accomplished in my evening hours that night, travelling was slowly moving to the bottom of the list.  So we cancelled our plans to go out of town and that was that.

It felt relieving knowing that I now had sufficiant amount of time to complete the tasks that needed to be completed without wearing myself out and you know what, the next day I was ready and raring to take on what the day would throw my way.

I don't know about you but, when I am tired I make bad choices on what I eat, do and say, but I am learning to listen to my body and be aware of my limits.  I have learned that when I over extend myself the days following are less focused and productive so instead of trying to cram everything in, I am working on balance more than ever and ensuring I have time for things that continue to make me healthier, happier and stronger.  Saying no use to be followed by feelings of guilt but now I know, that I will be better for it if I am near the end of my rope.

On the flip side of this note, I do not believe in perfection, my life and schedule will never be perfectly aligned but I feel good knowing that I am taking positive steps in the right direction.

Ever on a quest for improvement and balance.....
xoxo Audrey




No comments: