Thursday 15 September 2011

Holding It In

Just like most of the human race over the age of 12 I have a busy schedule and I have stress in my life.  In the past I have failed to handle my stress the way I would like to, with class and grace.  I know that I have a tendency to fall into unhealthy habits and vices when I face stress because I am not so great at recognizing it but I am great at shoving it.

Recently I have been feeling quite stressed.  Work is increasingly busy (which is exciting) and a looming wedding day (also exciting) is causing me to feel slightly overwhelmed.  I enjoy the business of my life but sometime its a little much.  

Its a little scary that I feel this way now as I know many women who do everything I do but also have children and many other responsibilities.

Most days I do a pretty good job of keeping my shit together and defusing my stress with a workout, run or a chit chat with my honey or a friend.  Once in a while though I loose the battle with myself and try to escape.  

This is not something I am proud of at all.  So why is it that I can keep it together for months at a time and then one night, I loose my mind? 

Maybe I need to freak out on a regular basis and not worry so much about "keeping it together".  I need to find a balance, which is something I struggle with each day with many areas of my life.  

To finding balance and feeling better tomorrow because I am pretty sure that life is not slowing down anytime soon.